390 Fort Washington Ave. Residence
Built in 2001, our 390 Fort Washington Ave. residence houses Columbia University Irving Medical Center's postdoctoral research fellows and scientists. Learn how to apply to live here.
390 Fort Washington Ave. has 46 units, 10 of which are one-bedroom apartments. The remaining units are studios. Located between 177th and 178th Streets, this building is a 10-minute walk from the heart of the CUIMC campus.
- Full kitchen in each apartment
- Full bathroom in each apartment
- Studios: Full-size Murphy bed
- One-bedroom apartments: Unfurnished
- Lighting in common areas; residents must provide lighting for their bedrooms
- Window blinds or shades
- For unfurnished units, CUIMC partners with a third party vendor to provide a convenient furniture rental option. Choose the furniture you want for your apartment and have it delivered and set up before you even arrive. We even rent kitchen supplies, linens, TVs and appliances. See how it works.
- Elevator service
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers on the second floor
- 24-hour security
- Mailboxes: Packages delivered to the lobby. If a package needs a signature, you must sign for it. Security will not sign for or hold packages.
- The entire building contains fire suppression sprinklers.
- 390 Fort Washington Fire and Emergency Plan
2022-23 Average Monthly Rental/Person with the exception of couples housing
- Studio Apartment: $1,695–1,982
- Couples 1-Bedroom Apartment: $2,173–2,550
Rent is due by the first of the month. The Office of the Controller will mail you a paper bill statement each month. Each tenant who signs a lease is responsible for making rent payment on the first of each month. Failure to make rent payments in accordance with the terms of your lease may result in legal action as provided for by law, including eviction from CUIMC housing. If you are unable to pay on time and in full by the first, contact Jeffrey Schnepf, Office of the Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-1077.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
Payments can be made via check, money order, certified bank check, or electronically generated checks drawn only from your account (set up is done through your bank). The Office of the Controller will only accept personal checks from the tenant of record. Only the individual who signed the lease and whose name appears on the bill may submit a payment. Please confirm with your bank that funds are available in your account before sending a payment. Don't assume deposits made have been credited to your account or funds transfers have been credited until you confirm your balances.
- Paper payments: You may pay via personal check, money order, or certified bank check. All payments must have the leaseholder's name, address, rent account number, and address. Send the payment to the Controller’s Office. The address is listed on the bill.
- Going paperless: You can pay via electronically generated checks drawn only from your account. Follow these guidelines:
- All checks must be drawn from a U.S. bank.
- To get set up, visit your bank's website and set up the payment as follows: Add Payee: Columbia University Address: P. O. Box 1381, New York, NY, 10008-1381. You will find the CUIMC account number on your bill on the right-hand side of the bill, next to “account number."
- When you electronically generate a payment, the bank provides you with an estimated time of delivery. Do not go by this date; assume it will take up to two weeks to arrive. We recommend you generate your payment at least a week before the first payment is due in order to ensure it won't be late
Smoking is prohibited on all CUIMC property, both indoors and outdoors. This policy extends to all CUIMC residential facilities, including all apartments; public spaces such as lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; building entrances; adjacent courtyards; garages; and rooftops.
If you or anyone in your apartment is found smoking, everyone who lives in the apartment will receive a $250 fine for each occurrence. Learn more at Smoke-Free CUIMC.
- Included in rent: The building is centrally heated and air conditioning units are provided in each apartment. Hot and cold water, heat, and air conditioning are included in your rent. Wireless internet is provided by CUIMC IT.
- Not included: Gas, phone, cable, and electricity. While the building does have air conditioning readily available, tenants will be billed for the electricity used to run the air conditioner.
- Building Superintendent