154 Haven Ave. Residence
154 Haven Ave. provides furnished studio apartments for single students and one-bedroom apartments for couples.
Built in the 1960s, this residential building at 154 Haven Ave. became part of the medical center in the early 1980s. Located along the northern edge of campus, 154 Haven Ave. is walking distance from the heart of the medical center.
- Full-size bed
- Desk with hutch and chair
- Five-drawer dresser
- Love seat
- Kitchenette: Built-in unit with sink, cook top, mini-refrigerator, and microwave (no oven)
- Bathroom: Toilet and shower. Some apartments have a tub as well.
- Lighting: Common areas are lit, but residents must provide lighting for their bedrooms
- Windows have shades or blinds.
- Laundry: Card-operated washers and dryers adjacent to the lobby
- Elevator service
- 24-hour security
- Package delivery: Tenants can pick up their packages with the door attendants of Tower 2.
- The entire building contains fire suppression sprinklers.
- 154 Haven Fire and Emergency Plan
For new students, your Occupancy Agreement begins on your move-in day and continues to May 31 of the following year. During the renewal process (which happens during the spring semester), you will sign a 12-month Occupancy Agreement that begins June 1 and continues to May 31 the following year. You will be responsible for the rent during the entire 12-month period, including the summer. If you choose not to renew, you must re-apply for housing and we will assign you after we assign all other students (new and current). 50 Haven is the only building that offers 10-month occupancy, allowing students to move out during the summer period.
2022-23 Average Monthly Rental/Person with the exception of couples housing*
- Studio Apartment: $1,375-$1,442
- Couples Apartment: $1,724
Student Financial Services, in conjunction with the Office of Housing Services, handles your housing billing. Housing charges are billed monthly to your student account. The occupancy agreement you signed is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions for your term period, and in most cases, corresponds to your school’s or program’s academic calendar.
Your monthly billing will begin on the day you pick up your keys from the Office of Housing Services. Housing rates are subject to an increase each year, beginning each June.
What to Expect:
- The monthly housing charge will appear on the student account in the prior month. Payment for each month is due on the date listed on the bill where the housing charge appears.
- When a new student account statement is released and ready to view and/or pay online, you will receive an email via your Columbia University email account. The University does not mail paper bills.
- Review the SFS billing schedule for more information about statements and due dates.
- Rent for the first month is pro-rated based on the move-in date.
Smoking is prohibited on all CUIMC property, both indoors and outdoors. This policy extends to all CUIMC residential facilities, including all apartments; public spaces such as lobbies, hallways, and stairwells; building entrances; adjacent courtyards; garages; and rooftops.
If you or anyone in your apartment is found smoking, everyone who lives in the apartment will receive a $250 fine for each occurrence. Learn more at Smoke-Free at CUIMC.
- Included in rent: Hot and cold water, heating, and air conditioning are included. Wired/ethernet and wifi internet is provided by CUIMC IT.
- Not included: Gas, phone, cable, and electricity. While the building does have air conditioning readily available, you will be billed for the electricity used to run the air conditioner.
- Building Superintendent