We offer a limited supply of student lockers—located in the William Black Building, Hammer Health Sciences Center, and Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center—to help Columbia University Irving Medical Center students have easier access to their materials. (View our campus map.)
Important Covid-19 Student Locker Updates
As we continue to evolve our on-campus operations in response to Covid-19, please see below for important updates concerning student lockers:
Student Lockers Located in Hammer Health Sciences Center
- Due to limited access to on-campus buildings, CUIMC students should refrain from attempting to access their current lockers to retrieve any items.
- If you are a CUIMC student who has a locker assignment in Hammer Health Sciences Center for the 2019-2020 academic year and are planning to return to campus to take classes during the 2020-2021 academic year, you do not need to vacate your current locker by May 31. You will keep the same locker assignment for the 2020-2021 academic year. If you have already vacated your locker, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CUIMC students who are not returning for the 2020-2021 academic year may request to have their personal items in their current Hammer locker shipped to their permanent address at no charge to you. At this time, we are unable to determine when we will be able to access student locker to retrieve any personal items.
- Any lockers that are illegally occupied will have the locks cut; any items found inside will be removed and discarded.
Student lockers located in the William Black Building and Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center:
- If you currently have a student locker assignment in the William Black Building or Vagelos Education Center and will be returning to campus for the 2020-2021 academic year, you do not need to vacate your lockers by May 31. You will retain your same locker assignment for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- If you are in the graduated Class of 2020 and was unable to retrieve your belongings from your current locker assignment, you may request to have your personal items in your current locker shipped to you at your permanent address at no charge to you. Currently, we are unable to determine when we will be able to access your student locker to retrieve your personal items for shipping. A survey link will be sent to gather more details.
- For any questions related to student lockers in the William Black Building or Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center, email Keyauna Ramos at email@example.com.
All CUIMC students who have locker assignments for the 2019-2020 academic year should take a moment to complete an online survey before May 31 to indicate whether they will be returning to campus for the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you have any questions regarding student locker requests and assignments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be a student currently enrolled in a program at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- You must be taking classes at the medical center during the semester(s) you are using the locker.
Lockers are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis via the online locker request form (only accessible on-campus via secure wired or Mercury wifi, or off-campus when using VPN). You can submit a request for a locker throughout the year, except May 1-June 23.
We are not processing new student locker requests for the 2020-2021 academic semester at this time. Following a review of existing assignments and current inventory, we will post an updated timeline for submitting new student locker requests on this page as well as on the online locker request form.
Locker assignments are for one academic year unless you are not taking a class at CUIMC during a given semester. Depending on your program, you may be assigned a locker in either the Hammer Health Sciences Center or the Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center.
If you are not taking classes during a given semester, you must give up your locker. Please email email@example.com to give up the locker and make it available for others. Please include the following:
- Your name
- Your UNI
- The locker location and number
Vacating Your Locker
Students who are renting a locker for the entire academic year must vacate by May 31 each year. You will receive an email reminder at your Columbia email address reminding you to vacate. Due to Covid-19, students who are currently renting a locker do not have to vacate their locker by May 31 of this year. Additional information will be shared via email.