Disability Housing Accommodations
We provide disability housing accommodations to students whose disabilities substantially limit their abilities to live in our traditional housing units. Disability housing accommodations are coordinated in partnership with Columbia’s Disability Services. You must be eligible for on-campus housing in order to apply for disability housing.
If you are interested in disability housing accommodations, complete and submit the request form. Please do not submit any medical or other documentation regarding a disability to the CUIMC Office of Housing Services.
For information about getting around campus, see our Accessibility page.
Incoming Students: Deadlines
- March 1: Deadline for incoming students in one of the following programs:
- Columbia University School of Nursing: Masters Direct Entry
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, or Advanced Education in General Dentistry Certificate
- April 1: Deadline for incoming first-year Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons students
- May 1: Deadline for all other incoming first-year students, including students who require couples housing with disability accommodations
While requests for disability housing accommodations submitted after these dates will be considered, we can't guarantee we'll be able to meet late applicants’ accommodation needs, including any requests that are submitted during the semester. Housing accommodations approved after the deadline are contingent upon availability and current vacancies.
If you are a current student who would like to apply for disability housing accommodations, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-305-HELP (4357), option 2.