COVID-19 Parking Updates
View our COVID-19 parking updates for information on temporary programs available to CUIMC faculty, staff, and post docs.
If you are a full-time, permanent Columbia University Irving Medical Center employee who resides outside of Manhattan, you are eligible to apply for CUIMC commuter parking.
If you live in campus housing or in the surrounding neighborhood, you are not eligible for parking.
Apply for Parking
To apply for commuter parking, complete and submit a parking request form. You will need the address of your Columbia workplace; your job title, department, and job grade; and information about the vehicle you'd like to park. Once submitted, your parking application will be sent to the Parking Committee for review.
Questions about your application? Email email@example.com. Please remember to include the best way to reach you as well.
Monthly Parking Fees
Parking fees are billed monthly and are due by the close of the following billing cycle. We only accept payment via payroll deduction (pre-tax, in most cases). We don't accept payment by University ARC ChartString. If your account is 90 days past due, you will automatically lose your parking privileges.
Fees are subject to change and to the 18.375% Manhattan parking tax. If you live in Manhattan and have a New York City Department of Finance parking tax exemption form on file with our office, you will be taxed at a lower rate.
Full-Time Monthly Parking Fees
|Parking Facility||Rate||Tax||Total Fee||Open Hours|
|Irving Cancer Research Center
Saint Nicholas Ave. between 166th and 167th Sts.
Monday-Friday: 5:30 a.m-midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 5:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
100 Haven Ave. between 170th and 171 Sts.
7 days a week, 24 hours
|100 Haven Ave. Garage
Second- and Third-Shift Parkers:
(4 p.m.-12:30 a.m., midnight-8 a.m. access only)
7 days a week, 3 p.m. -8 a.m.
|School of Nursing/Russ Berrie Medical Science Pavilion
560 West 168th St., entrance on 167th St.
Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–11 p.m.
NewYork-Presbyterian's parking garage is located at 115 Fort Washington Ave., between 164th and 165th streets, and is managed by the NYP Parking Office. The garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Payments accepted at the hospital's parking garage include cash and debit/credit card. For more information on parking at the hospital, please visit their parking page or contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.
NYP employees looking for parking information should contact the NYP Parking Office at 212-305-4903.
COVID-19 Parking Updates
Updated as of March 31, 2021
CUIMC Parking is implementing a special temporary part-time parking program, effective from October 5, 2020, until June 30, 2021. Individuals may elect to park for one, two, or three days a week at discounted rates.
- Three Days per Week: $225.00 (High Tax Rate); $209.79 (Low Tax Rate)
- Two Days per Week: $180.00 (High Tax Rate); $167.84 (Low Tax Rate)
- One Day per Week: $145.00 (High Tax Rate); $135.20 (Low Tax Rate)
In order to be eligible for temporary part-time monthly parking, you must be a faculty member or an administrative staff job grade 106 or higher and reside outside of Manhattan.
- Complete the online Temporary Part-Time Parking application.
- You must select specific parking days in advance. If you park on a day not previously selected, you must pay the daily guest parking fee ($35/day).
- If selected for the part-time parking program, you may not share your spots with other CUIMC parkers.
- If you are an existing full-time parker and you elect to participate in this temporary program in lieu of full-time parking, you must reapply for full-time parking once this temporary program ends.
The duration of this part-time parking program is subject to change at any time due to University policies and/or local or national guidelines. CUIMC Parking will assess the part-time parking program to determine if it will continue, and will provide updates accordingly.
For questions or inquiries, please contact CUIMC Parking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CUIMC Parking is implementing a special temporary parking program for CUIMC employees and graduate students who are working second and third shifts, effective from November 23, 2020 until March 31, 2021.
- Complete the online CUIMC Full-Time Parking Request Application.
- Answer the question "Are you primarily scheduled to work second or third shift?" by selecting your shift time (select the closest shift time listed).
- If selected for the temporary evening parking program, you will be assigned to park in the 100 Haven Aveune Garage.
The duration of this part-time parking program is subject to change at any time due to University policies and/or local or national guidelines. A penalty will be charged if you do not exit the lot by midnight. Repeat infractions will lead to termination of this parking privilege.
CUIMC Parking will assess the part-time parking program to determine if it will continue, and will provide updates accordingly. For questions or inquiries, please contact CUIMC Parking at email@example.com.