Season’s Greetings from Facilities Management and Campus Services
We are proud of the many ways we worked this year to make the medical center a destination for transformational health care, education, and research. Here we share some of our most remarkable achievements from 2018.
We brought together experts and materials to build transformational spaces.
- The fully renovated Alumni Auditorium reopened in September 2018. The millwork traveled 1,775 miles from Colorado to reach the medical center. The glass façade traveled nearly 7,300 miles—from Spain; to Ontario, Canada; to Nanuet, New York; and finally to the William Black Building.
- The auditorium features a new, dual designed lighting system that can facilitate both house and performance lighting in one, unified system. It also has a massive audio visual system that facilitates a world-class level of auditorium technology.
We built sustainability into our long-term vision.
- Both the Roy and Diana Vagelos Education Center and the School of Nursing received LEED Gold for achievements in sustainability.
We cared for and managed the spaces where you research, work, and study.
- Our teams completed 19,692 work orders—and counting.
- Our Customer Service Center answered 12,600 calls.
- CARE Crew refreshed 45,582 square feet in 12 campus buildings.
- Along the way, we worked to keep you informed, sending nearly 400 emails and receiving 146,000 visits to this website.
- More than 7,000 regular classes, lecture series, and events were booked via 25Live—that’s more than 15,600 individual bookings!
- We created a new user platform and interface for hundreds of Echo360 users.
- We also designed and installed innovative learning technology in classrooms.
We made memorable events happen.
- Faculty Club catered 6,300 events, from coffee breaks to elegant plated dinners. We served more than 190,000 guests this year.
- Our teams of volunteers greeted, guided, and supported more than 10,000 guests during Commencement.
We were your home away from home.
- This year we welcomed 424 new tenants into on-campus housing.
We gave you resources to support your studies and research.
- The Knowledge Center received 236,180 visits and processed 3,240 interlibrary loan requests.
- The library also offered 300 educational sessions, with 1,765 attendees, including the much-praised workshop The Write Stuff.
- 90 first-year students prepared for their summer research and practicum experiences via the interactive online game “Information Highway: Navigate the Pathway to Success!”
We supported your health and wellness.
- Student Health Service booked 15,000 Medical Services appointments for students, with an additional 7,000 appointments in Mental Health, Wellness, Addiction Information and Management Strategies, nutrition, and acupuncture.
- Students also enjoyed nine Crafternoons, five Stressbusters events, 40 pet therapy sessions, and so much more!
- Bard Athletic Center welcomed 2,976 student members during the 2017-18 academic year.
- BAC also offered free exercise events, with a total of 108 attendees, and revived the aerobics program.
We provided the training and resources to keep you safe.
- Public Safety answered 32,000 requests for service, and provided 4,900 security escorts.
- 320 employees attended 10 safety and emergency response training sessions; students and new employees attended 33 crime prevention orientations. Public Safety also provided Operation ID, self-defense classes, and Ride Your Bike and Shred Fest events.
- Campus Life Safety and Regulatory Compliance drilled 3,300 occupants in fire safety.
We are here to support you in doing your best work. Meet our teams and say hello to the many personnel who work behind-the-scenes every day.
We wish you a healthy holiday season and a happy new year!