CUIMC Student Housing COVID-19 Update
Updated: Monday, March 23 (2:00 p.m.)
As COVID-19 continues to spread around the globe, we encourage CUIMC students who have elected to remain on-campus follow simple but critical measures to prevent further COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you have symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat), please contact CUIMC Student Health Service at 212-305-3400.
- If you are not feeling sick, stay home as much as possible and practice social distancing. Learn more about the difference between social distancing, self-isolation, and quarantine.
- Do not gather in small spaces with poor ventilation, and keep at least six feet between yourself and other people whenever possible.
- Practice essential prevention hygiene: frequent handwashing, coughing/sneezing into your elbow; sanitizing high-touch surfaces; avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands; waving/elbow bumping instead of shaking hands; do not share food or drink.
- We continue to encourage any student who lives in any on-campus residential building who can leave to do so. Please take a moment to fill out the Office of Housing Services’ Residency of Intent form to indicate if you will be remaining on campus for the rest of the semester or if you will be moving out for the rest of the semester.
- Per CUIMC policy, non-essential gatherings of over 25 people are canceled at least through April 30. Many of these gatherings are celebratory and we value social connectedness, but we all must do our part to promote health and safety for everyone.
- No visitors, guests, or family members are allowed on site in any residential buildings.
- Please visit the CUIMC Campus Status page for the latest information on any on-campus building closures and entry restrictions in non-residential buildings. Please note, information listed on this page is updated frequently as the impact of the virus changes locally and nationally.
Available Campus Resources:
- For the latest COVID-19-related information for CUIMC students, visit the Information for Students section of the CUIMC Coronavirus Resource Center.
- Office of Housing Services staff are available at 212-305-4357 to answer any housing-related questions.
- For questions on COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information: