Welcome From the Director
Thank you for making the choice to live with us!
We in the Office of Housing Services are focused on providing safe, clean, and convenient on-campus living experiences that help our residents thrive—academically, professionally, and personally—during their time at CUIMC. By living with us, you have the opportunity to help shape our residential community so you and your fellow students can have a great experience.
My team’s main focus is the health and safety of the community, and we will continue to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus. This includes disinfecting high-touch surfaces in the common areas; including, but not limited to: door attendant desks, entrance handles, door knobs, elevator buttons, and handrails.
Living on campus during this time also will require your active participation in adhering to public health best practices as well as Columbia University guidelines. This includes:
- Wearing face coverings outside of your room/apartment (i.e. hallways, elevators, stairwells, visiting offices,)
- Maintaining physical distancing when around others, including door attendants and maintenance staff
- Avoiding large gatherings
- Avoiding overcrowded elevators and giving yourself more time to avoid high volume elevator usage; taking the stairs if you are able to do so
- Washing your hands often during the day for at least 20 seconds with warm water
- Cleaning your apartments and bedrooms often, and more importantly, disinfecting high-touch surfaces in your apartments (i.e. door knobs, kitchen cabinet handles and counters, faucets, cell phones, laptops, books, and keys)
- Adhering to all posted signage and floor markings when interacting with our staff
Stay in touch. We’re always happy to hear from our residents, both virtually and IRL. Let us know how we can be of help, ask us questions when you aren’t sure of something and, above all, share comments and suggestions on how we can improve the experience and best serve you. We’re here for you.
Director, Office of Housing Services