Vanderbilt Clinic: Emergency Power Shutdown, Apr. 3
Due to repairs, we will be conducting a temporary electrical shutdown that will affect emergency power on the 5th floor of the Vanderbilt Clinic from 7 a.m. until approximately 4 p.m. on Saturday, Apr. 3. Normal power outlets and overhead lighting in offices will not be affected and will continue to operate normally during the shutdown.
The following services will be unavailable throughout the floor during the temporary shutdown:
- Emergency power outlets
- Emergency hallway lighting
Representatives from CUIMC Facilities Management will be available during the shutdown in case any issues arise. For any issues, contact CUIMC Facilities Management at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3, and a mechanic will be dispatched to address the issue.
In preparation for the upcoming shutdown, please take the following precautionary steps:
- Save all files and important documents.
- Completely turn off all computers, laptops, and other non-essential devices and equipment.
- Make sure critical equipment is either turned off or plugged into outlets that are backed up by normal power. If you are not sure which outlets are on emergency or normal power, contact CUIMC Facilities Management at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3.
- Keep all freezers and refrigerators doors closed and limit access. Typically, this equipment will maintain temperature for approximately four (4) hours. Do not place dry ice or cryogenic materials in cold rooms, as they can create a hazardous, oxygen-deficient atmosphere. If necessary, please relocate critical materials to unaffected freezers for the duration of the shutdown.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Santia Valerio, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.