This summer, help us conserve energy
This summer, CUIMC Facilities Management continues to take measures to cut energy use while protecting critical equipment and maintaining comfortable temperatures. We ask you to help conserve energy during this period of high demand.
What We Will Do
- Continue to monitor heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems’ performance.
What You Can Do
- Make sure windows and exterior doors are closed. Keep window shades down.
- If you use a window A/C unit, keep the fan at the lowest setting and the thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Discontinue use of any personal space heaters during the summer season.
- Turn off lights in all unoccupied areas, such as conference rooms, pantries, bathrooms, and hallways.
- If you step out of the office, turn off the lights.
- Turn off appliances, electronics, and any non-essential office equipment.
- Turn off copiers and printers or keep them in the “power save” mode when not in use.
- Turn off computer monitors when not in use.
- Refrain from using elevators when possible.
- Look for every opportunity to reduce your personal electricity usage.
- Report service problems to CUIMC Facilities Management at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3.
We appreciate your cooperation and personal contributions.