Black Bldg.: 5th Floor Lab Renovations
Beginning in mid-April 2022, we will be renovating several research laboratories located on the 5th floor of the William Black Building.
Highlights of what to expect:
- Demolition activity will take place on the 5th floor until approximately late May 2022.
- Once demolition concludes, normal construction activity will take place between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. After-hours and some weekend work may be required; we will notify you before after-hours or weekend work commences.
- The men’s and women’s restrooms located on the 5th floor will be temporarily unavailable until we complete construction. Please use the restrooms on adjacent floors or in the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons Building.
- Black Building passenger elevators will bypass the 5th floor. Please use Vagelos College of Physicians elevators for access to the 5th floor.
- While the renovations are being completed, there will be intermittent periods of increased noise, vibration, and dust.
Activities listed are subject to change based on approvals, University events, other requirements, and unforeseen circumstances. For questions or concerns related to this project, please contact Fernando Bedoya, senior project manager, at email@example.com.