Reduce energy consumption and change how we build and manage spaces at Columbia University Irving Medical Center by incorporating sustainable practices into your daily routine. Get started with these simple steps:
- Reach out to CUIMC's director of Energy Management and Sustainability with any questions about the medical center's current energy and sustainability efforts.
- Join the Sustainable Leaders Network! Join or start a team for you department. Contact email@example.com.
- Reduce paper usage, saving both resources and money. See tips and tricks from the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health.
- Drink from a reusable bottle or mug. CUIMC has water refill stations across campus. And remember to ask at your local café if you can use a personal mug when purchasing your favorite beverages.
- Shut off lights and electronic equipment when spaces are not in use. Learn how to use your computer efficiently.
- Recycle! Learn about CUIMC's recycling program and recycling as a New York City resident.
- Use eco-friendly products. Consider upgrading to Energy Star products. Categories include: appliances, electronics, heating & cooling equipment, and office equipment.
- Use alternative modes of transportation for getting to and from campus.
- Join a campus group like Students for Environmental Action or start your own.