On-Campus Dining Options
Updated December 23, 2021
In-person, indoor gatherings of any kind during the first two weeks of January are prohibited.
Columbia University updated it rules pertaining to meals at gatherings and events, both on and off campus.
Eating On and Off Campus in Small Groups
- Vaccinated individuals may eat indoors with small groups on or off campus. Masks should be worn whenever you are not actively eating (replacing your mask between bites).
- Unvaccinated individuals must maintain six feet of distance when eating in any setting and minimize time unmasked.
Eating at Gatherings and Events
- University events with 25 or fewer participants may also eat indoors and mask between bites.
- University events with more than 25 participants must be approved via the Request for Exception form. Food for such events is limited to grab-and-go. Beverages are permitted to complement the event, as needed, while masking is required at all times.
For information about available on-campus dining options at the Morningside campus, visit the COVID-19 Resources website.
If you are a CUIMC student who is looking for on-campus dining spaces, you may take advantage of several indoor lounges located across the campus. Same-day, 30-minute reservations are available Monday through Friday (excluding University Holidays).
Dine N' Dash Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all users to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all. Violators of the guidelines will be asked to leave the lounge spaces.
- Abide by the Columbia Community Health Compact.
- Use hand sanitizer, or wash your hands with soap, before and after eating.
- Wear face coverings at all times, unless you are eating or drinking at your individual table.
- Do not share food or drinks.
- Keep at least six feet apart whenever possible.
- Follow all directional signs in the lounge to enter and exit and to move around the lounge space.
- Only one person and one chair are permitted at each table. Tables and chairs must stay in place.
- Discard all food and trash at the nearest trash can.
- Utilize the disinfectant wipes to clean your table and chair (before and after use).
- Be respectful of the time limit so that others may use the space as well.
Dine N' Dash Locations
- Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Open to School of Nursing students
- 24 people maximum per session
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Open to Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons students
- 18 people maximum per session
- The Faculty Club is currently offering grab-and-go options for breakfast and lunch in its dining room located on the 4th floor of the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons Building. View more information, including the daily menu, on the Faculty Club website.
- The Faculty Club catering is available for deliveries with some limitations. All gatherings initiated by faculty, staff, and students must adhere to Columbia's Event and Gathering Guidance for Fall 2021, the Columbia Compact, and any additional protocols put in place by their school or unit.
- If you have any questions email email@example.com.
Hours and availability of Hilltop Perk locations across campus are as follows:
- 83 Haven Ave: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Allan Rosenfield Building: Monday to Thursday, 9 a.m to 3 p.m.
- Hammer Health Sciences Center: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m to 3 p.m.
- William Black Building: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Outdoor seating is available at the following locations:
- 50 Haven Avenue
- Barnes and Noble Campus Bookstore and cafe
- Haven Plaza
- School of Nursing Building (7th Floor Outdoor Terrace)
- Vagelos Education Center (South and West Courtyards)
The CUIMC Student Meal Plan is operating on its normal schedule but is only offering a “to-go” service in 50 Haven Ave. Ballroom. Student meal plan serves dinner three times a week in Ballroom. Dinner includes hot entrée options, salad bowl, soup, dessert, and choice of beverage.
Visit the Faculty Club website for additional information, including the fall semester schedule.
- The CUIMC Campus Bookstore and cafe are open.
- The Au Bon Pain locations at 1121 St. Nicholas Ave. and in the School of Nursing building remain closed.
- Additional tents and outdoor seating will be added to Haven Plaza as well as the courtyard by the Vagelos Education Center.